Community Impact

Through the Race for the Cure®, third party events, and other contributions, Komen Utah raises money to support vital breast health initiatives and research.

Up to 75 percent of net funds raised by the Affiliate stay in Utah to fund breast cancer programs for women who would not otherwise have access to screening and treatment. Meanwhile, the remaining 25 percent of net funds raised supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program. To date, Komen Utah has invested more than $6 million in local breast cancer screening, treatment, support and education programs. In addition, we have contributed over $2 million to research projects.

To learn more about where the funds raised are spent, view the latest research report: Utah’s 2017 Research Report