Komen Utah Review Panel Job Description
The Grant Application Review Panel is an independent group of volunteers who review, score and rank applications for grant funding based on the instructions and criteria provided by the Susan G. Komen Utah Affiliate. Applications are submitted in the following areas:
- Screening & Diagnosis
- Treatment and Treatment Support
- Wellness Support
- Community Health Workers
Grant reviewers help ensure that we are providing funding for high impact programs related to breast cancer and breast health across the state of Utah. For our purposes, independent means that this group is free from influence or control by others, including the Affiliate staff, grant committee members, and Komen Utah board of directors.
Qualified Review Panel members will:
- Have knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following areas: breast health, breast cancer, nonprofits, public health, health education, advocacy, social services, medical, finance, grants and/or grantsmanship and/or other relevant fields
- Receive adequate training from the Affiliate
- Agree to abide by Komen’s Code of Ethics
- Submit a conflict of interest statement regarding applicant organizations
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be comfortable operating in a web-based application and have access to a computer with reliable internet access.
With clear instruction from Komen Utah, the Review Panel members carefully read the applications, score them using the criteria provided by Affiliate staff, provide constructive feedback, and rank them in order of funding priority. This process requires time spent working independently, as well as at least two meetings.
Panel members are asked to:
- Review and score no more than 10 applications
- Each application takes between 1 – 3 hours to review thoroughly
- Review period is typically: mid-January – mid-February to review applications
- Attend 2 meetings – orientation in early January and ranking in mid-February
- Complete scoring template and provide feedback data through the Komen Grants eManagement System (GeMS)