At Susan G. Komen Utah, we know that every employee plays a role in furthering our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever. That’s why we’ve worked so hard to create a workplace that attracts and retains a diverse group of passionate, committed and talented individuals. Thanks to a competitive benefits package and an emphasis on work/life balance, we’re able to provide opportunities for employees to meet their personal and professional needs while contributing to an incredibly important cause. For us, it’s not just about making a living. It’s about making a difference.
Reports To: Executive Director
The Office Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day office operations, donation processing and acknowledgement, and database management.
- Responsible for oversight of daily office activities to facilitate optimum operations, including but not limited to staffing the office during posted office hours, answering and directing phone calls, and picking up and distributing mail
- Coordinates general administrative duties such as routine correspondence, filing, and maintenance of office supplies
- Ensures timely processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable as directed by Executive Director
- Ensures event sponsor materials and contracts meet established accounting practices and are aligned with Headquarters’ requirements
- Processes all individual and corporate gifts, donations, memorials, honorariums and matching gifts including sending appropriate acknowledgement, thank-you letters and receipts
- Manages all online donations including memorials and honorariums
- Assists with special events including invitations, RSVPs, mailings, thank-you letters, etc.
- Provides administrative support for all aspects of the Community Grants and Small Grants programs, including GeMS, reporting, compliance, site visits, etc.
- Assists with Office IT needs
- Bachelor’s degree ideal, or equivalent work experience
- Detail oriented, organized, with ability to manage competing demands for time
- A self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure, to manage conflicting priorities, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication
- Ability to interact professionally with sponsors, volunteers, grantees, donors and the public personally and by phone
- Strong technology skills with graphics programs, databases, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Interest in and commitment to the Komen mission, Affiliate’s vision and the ability to represent the Affiliate in a positive manner.
Evening and weekend work are occasionally required for this position.
To apply, email resume to Kate Moss at email@example.com.
Komen Internships are paid learning opportunities available within several departments at Susan G. Komen Utah. Currently, we are not hiring. Please check back in Fall 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Susan G. Komen Utah is fair and equal in all of its employment practices for persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.