At Susan G. Komen Utah, we know that every employee plays a role in furthering our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever. That’s why we’ve worked so hard to create a workplace that attracts and retains a diverse group of passionate, committed and talented individuals. Thanks to a competitive benefits package and an emphasis on work/life balance, we’re able to provide opportunities for employees to meet their personal and professional needs while contributing to an incredibly important cause. For us, it’s not just about making a living. It’s about making a difference.
Susan G. Komen Utah is currently not hiring. Please continue to check back for future opportunities.
Communication, Event & Development Intern
Reports To: Executive Director
Assist the Affiliate with event planning, marketing, communications, and fundraising strategies for Susan G. Komen Utah.
- Assist in preparations large events, including print collateral, data entry, email campaign, and other marketing/promotions
- Attend relevant community events and other networking occasions
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries
- Compile content for regular Facebook and Twitter updates
- Coordinate tasks with office and event volunteers
- Help develop plan of action to expand corporate partnerships and sponsorships
- Research new opportunities for in-kind donations and third-party events
- Works well with people; adaptable to a variety of work environments
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Capacity for efficient task management and accountability
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook, social media, and basic web functions
- PR or communications background a plus
Time Commitment:15-20 hours per week on average; may vary substantially depending on event schedule. Must maintain email and social media communications between office hours on weekdays. A $500 stipend will be paid at the end of a satisfactory completion of the internship.
Evening and weekend work are occasionally required for this position.
To apply, email resume to Amber Rowlett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Susan G. Komen Utah is fair and equal in all of its employment practices for persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.